Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Beginning (Genesis)12

1Now I AM (the LORD – Yehovah) said to Exalted Father (Abram), Get out of Your country, and away from your native land and from your family, and go to a land that I will show you:
 2And I will make you a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing:
 3And I will bless them that bless you, and curse him that curses you: and in you shall all families of the earth be blessed.
 4So Exalted Father (Abram) departed, as I AM (the LORD - Yehovah) had told him to do; and Covering (Lot) went with him: and Exalted Father (Abram) was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Mountaineer (Haran).
 5And Exalted Father (Abram) took Princess (Sarai) his wife, and Covering (Lot) his brother's son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the souls that they had gotten in Mountaineer (Haran); and they went tothe land of the Humbled One (Canaan).
 6And Exalted Father (Abram) passed through the land of Upper Back-Shoulders (Sichem), to the plain of the Teacher (Moreh). And the Humbled One (Cannanite) was then in the land.
 7And I AM (the LORD - Yehovah) appeared to Exalted Father (Abram), and said, To your seed will I give this land: and there he built an altar to I AM (the LORD - Yehovah), who appeared to him.
 8And he went from there to a mountain on the east of the House of God (Bethel), and pitched his tent, having the House of God (Bethel) on the west, and Heap of Ruins (Hai) on the east: and there he built an altar unto I AM (the LORD - Yehovah) , and called on the name of I AM (the LORD - Yehovah) .
 9And Exalted Father (Abram) journeyed, further toward the south.
 10And there was a famine in the land: and Exalted Father (Abram) went down to the Land of the Copts (Egypt) to stay there; for the famine was severe in the land.
 11When he was about to enter the Land of the Copts (Egypt), that he said unto Princess (Sarai) his wife, Look, you are a beautiful woman:
 12 When the Copts (Egyptians) see you, that they will say, This is his wife: and they will kill me, but they will keep you alive.
 13 Please say you are my sister so they won't want to kill me.
 14When Exalted Father (Abram) came into the Land of the Copts (Egypt), the Copts (Egyptians) saw that Princess (Sarai) was very fair.
 15The princes of Great House (Pharaoh) also saw her, and told Great House (Pharaoh) about her: and the woman was taken into Great House's (Pharaoh's) house.
 16And he lavished Exalted Father (Abram) with gifts for her sake, sheep, and oxen, and he asses, and menservants, and maidservants, and she asses, and camels.
 17And I AM (the LORD - Yehovah) plagued Great House (Pharaoh) and his house with great plagues because of Princess (Sarai) Exalted Father's (Abram) wife.
 18And Great House (Pharaoh) called Exalted Father (Abram) and said, What have you done to me? why didn't you tell me that she was your wife?
 19Why did you say, She is my sister? I might have taken her as my wife! Here is your wife, take her, and go your way.
 20And Great House (Pharaoh) commanded his men concerning him: and they sent him away, and his wife, and all that he had.

1 comment:

  1. I just came across your blog by doing a bit of blog-surfing, and I'm glad I did! I've added myself as your newest follower, and I hope you'll check out my Christian devotional site as well: www.nocondemnation81.blogspot.com

    Have a blessed day!

    In Christ,
    Dakota

    ReplyDelete