Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Beginning (Genesis) 28

11And Laughter (Isaac) called Heel-Grabber (Jacob), and blessed him, and charged him, and said to him, “You shall not take a wife of the daughters of Humbled One (Canaan).
 2Go to Field (Padan), to the house of God Destroys (Bethuel) your mother's father; and take a wife from there of the daughters of White (Laban) your mother's brother.
 3May God the Nurturer (El Shaddi) bless you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, that you may become a multitude of people;
 4And give to you the blessing of Father of a Multitude (Abraham), and to your seed as well; that you may inherit the land wherein you are a stranger, which God ('Elohiym) gave to Father of a Multitude (Abraham).”
 5Then Laughter (Isaac) sent away Heel-Grabber (Jacob): and he went to Field (Padanaram) to White (Laban), son of God Destroys (Bethuel) the Exalted (Syrian), the brother of Secured (Rebekah), Heel-Grabber (Jacob)'s and Hairy's (Hairy (Esau)'s) mother.
 6Hairy (Esau) saw that Laughter (Isaac) had blessed Heel-Grabber (Jacob), and sent him away to Field (Padanaram), to take a wife from there; and that as he blessed him he gave him a charge, saying, “You shall not take a wife of the daughters of Humbled One (Canaan)”;
 7And that Heel-Grabber (Jacob) obeyed his father and his mother, and had gone to Field (Padanaram);
 8Hairy (Esau) realized that the daughters of Humbled One (Canaan) did not please Laughter (Isaac) his father;
 9Then Hairy (Esau) went to God Will Hear (Ishmael), and took Stringed Instrument (Mahalath) the daughter of God Will Hear (Ishmael) Father of a Multitude (Abraham)'s son, the sister of Heights (Nebajoth), to be his wife in addition to the wives which he had .
 10Heel-Grabber (Jacob) went out from the Well of the Sevenfold Oath (Beersheba), and went toward Mountaineer (Haran).
 11He came upon a certain place, and stayed there all night, because the sun was set. He took of the stones of that place, and used them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep.
 12And he dreamed that a ladder was set up on the earth. The top of it reached to heaven: and he saw the angels of God ascending and descending on it.
 13Then he saw, I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) standing above it, and said, I am I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) God of Father of a Multitude (Abraham) your father, and the God of Laughter (Isaac): the land whereon you lie, I will give it to you, and to your seed;
 14And your seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and you shall spread broadly to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in you and in your seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.
 15And, behold, I am with you, and will keep you in every place you go, and will bring you again into this land; for I will not leave you, until I have done that which I have spoken to you about.
 16ThenHeel-Grabber (Jacob) woke up from his sleep, and he said, “Surely I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) is in this place; and I knew it not.”
 17He was afraid and declared, “How dreadful is this place! This is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven!”
 18Then Heel-Grabber (Jacob) rose up early in the morning, and took the stones that he had put for his pillows, and set them up for a pillar, and poured oil on the top of it.
 19He called the name of that place the House of God (Bethel): but the name of that city was called Almond Tree (Luz) at the first.
 20Then Heel-Grabber (Jacob) vowed a vow, saying, If God ('Elohiym) will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and clothing to put on,
 21So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) be my God ('Elohiym):
 22And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's ('Elohiym) house: and of all that You give me I will surely give the tenth to You.


2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    We're glad we were of service. Good luck with your project.
    - Arie Uittenbogaard
    Abarim Publications

    ReplyDelete