Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Beginning (Genesis) 33

  1Heel-Grabber (Jacob) lifted up his eyes, and looked, and saw Hairy (Esau) coming, and with him the four hundred men. So he separated the children with their mothers Weary (Leah), Ewe (Rachel), and the two handmaids.
 2He put the handmaids and their children foremost, Weary (Leah) and her children next, and Ewe (Rachel) and Joseph last.
 3He passed over before them, and bowed himself to the ground seven times, as he approached his brother.
 4Hairy (Esau) ran to meet him, embraced him, fell on his neck, and kissed him: and they wept.
 5And he lifted up his eyes, and saw the women and the children; and said, Who are these with you? Heel-Grabber (Jacob) answered, “The children which God (Elohiym) has graciously given your servant.”
 6Then the handmaidens came near, they and their children, and they bowed themselves.
 7Weary (Leah) also with her children came near, and bowed themselves: and after came Joseph near and Ewe (Rachel), and they bowed themselves.
 8Hairy (Esau) asked, “What did you mean by all this drove which I met?” Heel-Grabber (Jacob) replied, “These are to find grace in the sight of my lord.”
 9Hairy (Esau) said, “I have enough, my brother; keep that you have for yourself.”
 10But Heel-Grabber (Jacob) said, “No, please, if I have found grace in your sight, then receive the present from my hand. I never thought you would accept me again. Having you welcome me is like seeing the face of God!
 11Please be blessed by the gift I brought you, because God (Elohiym) has dealt graciously with me, and because I have enough.” He kept urging him, so Hairy (Esau) took it.
 12Then Hairy (Esau) said, “Let's go. I will lead the way.”
 13But Heel-Grabber (Jacob)answered him, “My lord knows that the children are tender, and the flocks and herds with young are with me: and if men should overdrive them one day, all the flock will die.
 14LPlease let my lord, pass over before his servant: and I will lead on softly, at the pace of the flock and slow enough for the children. I will catch up with my lord at Shaggy (Seir).”
 15Hairy (Esau) said, “Let me leave some of the folk that are with me.” Heel-Grabber (Jacob) replied, “That isn't necessary. It is enough that I have found grace in the sight of my lord.”
 16So Hairy (Esau) returned that day on his way to Shaggy (Seir).
 17Heel-Grabber (Jacob) journeyed to Booths (Succoth), and built a house, and made booths for his cattle: therefore the name of the place is called Booths (Succoth).
 18Then Heel-Grabber (Jacob) came to Peace (Salem), a city of Shoulder (Shechem), which is in the land of Humbled One (Canaan), when he came from Field (Padanaram); and pitched his tent facing the city.
 19There he bought a parcel of a field, where he had spread his tent, at the hand of the children of He-Ass (Hamor), Shoulders' (Shechem) father, for a hundred pieces of silver.
 20He erected an altar there, and called it The Mighty God of Israel (El-elohe-Israel).

No comments:

Post a Comment