Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Exodus 10



1 I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) said to Drawn (Moses), “Go in to the Great House (Pharaoh). His heart, and the heart of his servants have been hardened. I will show these signs before him.
2 Recount them in the ears of your son, and of your son's son, how severely Double Straights (Egypt) was dealt with, and the signs that were directed at them; that you may know how that I am I AM (the LORD, Yehovah).”
3 Drawn (Moses) and Light Bringer (Aaron) came in to the Great House (Pharaoh), and said to him, “Thus says I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) God of the One From Beyonds (Hebrews), How long will you refuse to humble yourself before Me? Let My people go, that they may serve Me.
4 Else, if you refuse to let My people go, behold, tomorrow, locusts will come into your territory.
5 They will cover the face of the earth, so that one will not be able to see the earth: and they will eat the residue of that which is escaped, which remains from the hail, and will eat every tree which grows for you out of the field.
6 They will fill your houses, and the houses of all your servants, and the houses of all the Double Straighters (Egyptians); like neither your fathers, nor your fathers' fathers have seen, since the day that they were upon the earth to this day.” Then he turned, and went out from the Great House (Pharaoh).
7 The Great House (Pharaoh)'s servants said to him, “How long will this man be a snare to us? Let the men go, that they may serve I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) their God. Don't you realize that Double Straights (Egypt) is destroyed?”
8 Drawn (Moses) and Light Bringer (Aaron) were brought again to the Great House (Pharaoh): and he said to them, “Go, serve I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) your God. Tell me who will be going?”
9 Drawn (Moses) said, “We will go with our young and with our old, with our sons and with our daughters, with our flocks and with our herds will we go; for we must hold a feast to I AM (the LORD, Yehovah).”
10 He answered them, “I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) had better be with you, if I let you and your little ones go! You have an evil plan.
11 It will not be so! Take your men, and serve I AM (the LORD, Yehovah); for that is what you asked.” And they were driven out from the Great House (Pharaoh)'s presence.
12 Then I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) said to Drawn (Moses), “Stretch out your hand over the land of Double Straights (Egypt) for the locusts, that they may come up upon the land of Double Straights (Egypt), and eat every herb of the land, everything that the hail has left”
13 So, Drawn (Moses) stretched forth his rod over the land of Double Straights (Egypt), and I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) brought an east wind upon the land all that day, and all that night; and when it was morning, the east wind brought the locusts.
14 The locusts went up over all the land of Double Straights (Egypt), and rested in all the territory of Double Straights (Egypt). Very grievous were they; before them there were no such locusts as they, neither after them shall be such.
15 For they covered the face of the whole earth, so that the land was darkened; and they ate every herb of the land, and all the fruit of the trees which the hail had left: and there remained not any green thing in the trees, or in the herbs of the field, through all the land of Double Straights (Egypt).
16 Then the Great House (Pharaoh) called for Drawn (Moses) and Light Bringer (Aaron) in haste. He said, “I have sinned against I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) your God, and against you.
17 Now therefore forgive my sin this time, and intreat I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) your God, that He may take away from me this death.”
18 And he went out from the Great House (Pharaoh), and intreated I AM (the LORD, Yehovah).
19 So, I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) turned a mighty strong west wind, which took away the locusts, and cast them into the Red sea. There remained not one locust in all the territory of Double Straights (Egypt).
20 But I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) hardened the Great House (Pharaoh)'s heart. He would not let the children of God Prevails (Israel) go.
21 Then I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) said to Drawn (Moses), “Stretch out your hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Double Straights (Egypt), even darkness which may be felt.”
22 And Drawn (Moses) stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Double Straights (Egypt) three days.
23 They saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days: but all the children of God Prevails (Israel) had light in their dwellings.
24 Then the Great House (Pharaoh) called to Drawn (Moses), and said, “Go , serve I AM (the LORD, Yehovah); your flocks and your herds will stay, but your little ones also go with you.”
25 But Drawn (Moses) answered, “You must give us also sacrifices and burnt offerings, that we may sacrifice to I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) our God.
26 Our livestock also will go with us; there shall not an hoof be left behind; for of them we must take to serve I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) our God; and we know not with what we must serve I AM (the LORD, Yehovah), until we get there.”
27 But I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) hardened the Great House (Pharaoh)'s heart, and he would not let them go.
28 The Great House (Pharaoh) said to him, “Get away from me! Don't come back. You will see my face no more; for in that day you see my face you will die!”
29 And Drawn (Moses) said, “You have spoken well, I will see your face again no more.”


* Note – How a substance reacts to the sun depends on it's character. The sun hardens brick, but melts wax. I AM's hardening of the Great House's heart reflects the Great House's character and his reaction to I AM.




No comments:

Post a Comment