Saturday, May 18, 2013

Exodus 23


1 You will not raise a false report. Do not put your hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness.
2 You will not follow a multitude to do evil; neither will you alter your witness in a trial to follow the crowd and pervert justice.
3 Neither will you favor a poor man in a trial just because he is poor.
4 If you meet your enemy's ox or his ass going astray, you will surely bring it back to him again.
5 If you see the ass of him that hates you lying under his burden, and are reluctant to help him, you will surely help with him.
6 You will not deny justice for your poor in court.
7 Keep far from a false matter. Do not slay the innocent and righteous: for I will not justify the wicked.
8 Do not take bribes, for the gift blinds the wise, and perverts the words of the righteous.
9 Do not oppress a stranger: for you know the heart of a stranger, seeing you were strangers in the land of Double Straights (Egypt).
10 Six years you will sow your land, and will gather in the fruits thereof:
11 But the seventh year you will let it rest and lie still; that the poor of your people may eat: and what they leave the beasts of the field will eat. In like manner you will deal with your vineyard, and with your olive yard.
12 Six days you will do your work, and on the seventh day you will rest: that your ox and your ass may rest, and the son of your handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed.
13 In all things that I have said to you be circumspect. Make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of your mouth.
14 Three times you will keep a feast to me in the year.
15 You will keep the feast of unleavened bread. You will eat unleavened bread seven days, as I commanded you, in the time appointed of the month Green Ears (Abib); for in it you came out from Double Straights (Egypt). No one is to appear before me empty.
16 The feast of harvest, the firstfruits of your labors, which you have sown in the field: and the feast of in-gathering, which is in the end of the year, when you have gathered in your labors out of the field.
17 Three times in the year all your males will appear before I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) GOD.
18 You will not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leavened bread; neither will the fat of my sacrifice remain until the morning.
19 The first of the first fruits of your land you will bring into the house of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) your God. You will not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.
20 I send an Angel before you, to keep you in the way, and to bring you into the place which I have prepared.
21 Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for My Name is in him.
22 But if you will obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy to your enemies, and an adversary to your adversaries.
23 For My Angel will go before you, and bring you in to the The Talkers, Sayers (Amorite), and the Terrors (Hittite), and the Village Dwellers (Perizzite), and the Humbled Ones (Canaanites), the Villagers (Gibeonites were Hivites), and the Trodden Underfoot (Jebusite - original inhabitants of Jerusalem): and I will cut them off.
24 You will not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but you will utterly overthrow them, and totally break down their images.
25 You will serve I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) your God; and I will bless your bread and your water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of you.
26 Nothing will cast their young, nor be barren, in your land and I will fulfill the number of your days.
27 I will send my fear before you, and will destroy all the people to whom you will come, and I will make all your enemies turn their backs to you.
28 I will send hornets before you, which will drive out the Hivite, the Humbled Ones (Canaanites), and the Terror (Hittite), from before you.
29 I will not drive them out from before you in one year; lest the land become desolate, and the beast of the field multiply against you.
30 By little and little I will drive them out from before you, until you be increased, and inherit the land.
31 I will set your boundaries from the Red sea to the sea of the Immigrants (Philistines), and from the desert to the river: for I will deliver the inhabitants of the land into your hand; and you will drive them out before you.
32 You will make no covenant with them, nor with their gods.
33 They will not dwell in your land, lest they make you sin against Me: for if you serve their gods, it will surely be a snare to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment