Tuesday, December 13, 2022

I AM is Salvation (Joshua) 7

 1 But the children of God Prevails (Israel) committed a trespass in the accursed thing: for Troubler (Achan), the son of My Vineyard (Carmi), the son of Endowment (Zabdi), the son of Rising (Zerah), of the tribe of Praised (Judah), took of the accursed thing: and the anger of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) was kindled against the children of God Prevails (Israel).

Then I AM is Salvation (Joshua) sent men from Its Moon (Jericho) to Heap of Ruins (Ai), which is beside House of Vanity (Bethaven), on the east of The House of God (Bethel), and spoke to them, saying: Go up and view the country. So, the men went up and viewed Heap of Ruins (Ai).

They returned to I AM is Salvation (Joshua), and said to him: No need to have all the people go up; but let about two or three thousand men go up and smite Heap of Ruins (Ai); don’t have all the people to fight there; for they are but few.

So there went up of the people about three thousand men: and they fled before the men of Heap of Ruins (Ai).

The men of Heap of Ruins (Ai) killed about thirty-six men. They chased them from before the gate all the way to The Breaches (Shebarim) and smote them as they went down. Therefore, the hearts of the people melted and became as water.

Then I AM is Salvation (Joshua) tore his clothes, and fell to the earth on his face before the ark of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) until the evening, he and the elders of God Prevails (Israel), and put dust on their heads.

And I AM is Salvation (Joshua) said: Alas, O I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) God ('Elohiym), why have You brought these people over The Descender (Jordan), to deliver us into the hand of The Talkers, Sayers (Amorites), to destroy us? if only we had been content and dwelt on the other side of The Descender (Jordan)!

I AM (THE LORD, YEHOVAH), what shall I say, when God Prevails (Israel) turns their backs before their enemies!

For the Humbled Ones (Canaanites) and all the inhabitants of the land shall hear of it, and shall surround us, and cut off our name from the earth: and what will You do to Your great name?

10 Then I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) said to I AM is Salvation (Joshua): Get up; why do you lay on your face?

11 God Prevails (Israel) has sinned, and they have also transgressed my covenant which I commanded them: for they have taken of the accursed thing. They have stolen, dissembled, and put it among their own stuff.

12 That is why the children of God Prevails (Israel) could not stand before their enemies and turned their backs before their enemies - because they were accursed. I will not be with you anymore unless you destroy the accursed from among you.

13 Up, prepare the people and say: Sanctify yourselves before tomorrow: for thus says I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) God of God Prevails (Israel), There is an accursed thing in the midst of You, O God Prevails (Israel). You cannot stand before your enemies until you take away the accursed thing from among you.

14 In the morning, therefore, you shall be brought according to your tribes: and it shall be, that the tribe which I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) chooses shall come according to the families thereof; and the family which I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) chooses shall come by households; and the household which I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) chooses shall come man by man.

15 And it shall be, that he that is taken with the accursed thing shall be burnt with fire, he and all that he has: because he has transgressed the covenant of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) and because he has wrought folly in God Prevails (Israel).

16 So I AM is Salvation (Joshua) rose early in the morning, and brought God Prevails (Israel) by their tribes, and the tribe of Praised (Judah) was chosen:

17 And he brought the family of Praised (Judah), and he took the family of the Rising (Zarahites): and he brought the family of Rising (Zarahites) man by man, and Endowment (Zabdi) was taken:

18 So he brought his household man by man; and Troubler (Achan), the son of My Vineyard (Carmi), the son of Endowment (Zabdi), the son of Rising (Zerah), of the tribe of Praised (Judah), was taken.

19 Then I AM is Salvation (Joshua) said to Troubler (Achan): My son, give glory to I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) God of God Prevails (Israel), and make confession to Him; and tell me now what you have done. Do not hide it from me.

20 Then Troubler (Achan) answered I AM is Salvation (Joshua), and said: Indeed, I have sinned against I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) God of God Prevails (Israel), and this is what I have done:

21 When I saw among the spoils a beautiful Babylonish garment, two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels in weight, I coveted them, and took them. They are hidden in the earth in the middle of my tent, and the silver is under them.

22 So I AM is Salvation (Joshua) sent messengers, and they ran to the tent; it was hidden in his tent with the silver under it.

23 They took them out of the midst of the tent, and brought them to I AM is Salvation (Joshua), and to all the children of God Prevails (Israel), and laid them out before I AM (the LORD, Yehovah).

24 I AM is Salvation (Joshua), and all God Prevails (Israel) with him, took Troubler (Achan) the son of Rising (Zerah), and the silver, the garment, and the wedge of gold, along with his sons, and his daughters, his oxen, his asses, and his sheep, and his tent, and all that he had: and they brought them to the valley of Trouble (Achor).

25 I AM is Salvation (Joshua) said: Why have you troubled us? I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) shall trouble you this day. And all God Prevails (Israel) stoned him with stones and burned them with fire after they had stoned them with stones.

26 And they raised over him a great heap of stones to this day. So, I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) turned from the fierceness of his anger. Therefore, the name of that place was called, The valley of Trouble (Achor), to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment