Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Beginning (Genesis) 39



1 Yehovah Will Add (Joseph) was brought down to Double Straights (Egypt); and Belonging to the Sun (Potiphar), an officer of the Great House (Pharaoh), captain of the guard, a Double Straighter (Egyptian), bought him out of the hands of the tribe of God Will Hear (Ishmaeelites), which had brought him down there.
2 I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) was with Yehovah Will Add (Joseph), and he was a prosperous man in the house of his master the Double Straighter (Egyptian).
3 His master saw that I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) was with him, and that I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) made all that he did to prosper in his hand.
4 Yehovah Will Add (Joseph) found grace in his sight, and he served him: and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he had he put into his hand.
5 From the time that he had made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, that I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) blessed the Double Straighter's (Egyptian's) house for Yehovah Will Add's (Joseph) sake; and the blessing of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) was on all that he had in the house, and in the field.
6 And he left all that he had in Yehovah Will Add's (Joseph) hand. He didn't even know what he had, save the food which he ate. Yehovah Will Add (Joseph) was a goodly person, and well favored.
7 Eventually, his master's wife cast her eyes on Yehovah Will Add (Joseph); and she said, “Lie with me.”
8 But he refused, and said to his master's wife, “Look, my master trusts me in this house, and he has committed all that he has to my hand;
9 There is none greater in this house than I; neither has he kept back any thing from me but you, because you are his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God ('Elohiym)?”
10 She kept approaching Yehovah Will Add (Joseph) day by day, but he would not listen to her, to lie by her, or to be with her.
11 Then one day, Yehovah Will Add (Joseph) went into the house to do his business; and none of the men of the house were inside.
12 She caught him by his garment, saying, “Lie with me.” and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got out.
13 When she saw that he had left his garment in her hand, and had run,
14 She called to the men of her house, and spoke to them, saying, “See, he has brought in this One From Beyond (Hebrew) to us to mock us; he came in to me to lie with me, and I cried with a loud voice.
15 When I screamed, he left his garment with me, and fled, and got out.
16 And she laid his garment beside her, until his lord came home.
17 Then she told him, “The One From Beyond (Hebrew) servant, which you have brought to us, came in to me to mock me:
18 When I screamed, he left his garment with me, and fled.
19 When his master heard the words of his wife saying, “This is what your servant did to me.” his wrath was kindled.
20 Yehovah Will Add (Joseph)'s master took him, and put him into the prison, a place where the king's prisoners were bound: and he was there in the prison.
21 ¶ But I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) was with Yehovah Will Add (Joseph), and shewed him mercy, and gave him favor in the sight of the keeper of the prison.
22 And the keeper of the prison committed to Yehovah Will Add (Joseph)'s hand all the prisoners that were in the prison; and whatever they did there, he was in charge of it.
23 The keeper of the prison payed no attention to anything under his hand; because I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) was with him, and all which he did, I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) made it to prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment