Saturday, April 6, 2013

Exodus 17


1 All the congregation of the children of God Prevails (Israel) set out from the Wilderness of Thorns (Wilderness of Sin), breaking camp according to the commandment of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah). They then pitched in Spreading Support ( Rephidim) but there was no water for the people to drink.
2 Therefore the people strove with Drawn (Moses), and said, “Give us water that we may drink.” But Drawn (Moses) said to them, “Why complain to me? Why do you tempt I AM (the LORD, Yehovah)?”
3 And the people thirsted there for water and they murmured against Drawn (Moses) saying, “Why is it that you have brought us up out of Double Straights (Egypt), to kill us and our children and our cattle with thirst?”
4 So Drawn (Moses) cried to I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) saying, “What do I do wth this people? They are almost ready to stone me.”
5 I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) answered Drawn (Moses), “Go on before the people. Take with you of the elders of God Prevails (Israel) and your rod, with which you struck the river, take in your hand, and go.
6 I will stand before you there upon the rock in Desert (Horeb). You will hit the rock and water will come out of it, that the people may drink.” So Drawn (Moses) did so in the sight of the elders of God Prevails (Israel).
7 He called the name of the place Temptation (Massah), and Place of Strife (Meribah), because of the chiding of the children of God Prevails (Israel), and because they tempted I AM (the LORD, Yehovah), saying, “Is I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) among us, or not?”
8 Then Licker (Amalek) came and fought with God Prevails (Israel) in Spreading Support ( Rephidim).
9 Drawn (Moses) said to I AM is Salvation (Joshua), “Choose men for us to go fight with Licker (Amalek). Tomorrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God ('Elohiym) in mine hand.
10 So I AM is Salvation (Joshua) did as Drawn (Moses) had said to him, and fought with Licker (Amalek): and Drawn (Moses), Light Bringer (Aaron), and Cavern (Hur) went up to the top of the hill.
11 When Drawn (Moses) held up his hand, God Prevails (Israel) prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Licker (Amalek) prevailed.
12 But Drawn's (Moses) hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat there; and Light Bringer (Aaron) and Cavern (Hur) stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side so his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.
13 And I AM is Salvation (Joshua) discomfited Licker (Amalek) and his people with the edge of the sword.
14 Then I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) said to Drawn (Moses), “Wris for a memorial in a book, and rehearse it in the ears of I AM is Salvation (Joshua): for I will utterly put out the remembrance of Licker (Amalek) from under heaven.”
15 So Drawn (Moses) built an altar, and called the name of it I AM is My Banner (Jehovahnissi – Yehovah Nissi):
16 For he said, “Because I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) has sworn that I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) will have war with Licker (Amalek) from generation to generation.”




No comments:

Post a Comment