Saturday, March 30, 2013

Exodus 16


1 They took their journey from Palms (Elim), and all the congregation of the children of God Prevails (Israel) came to the Wilderness of Thorns (Wilderness of Sin), which is between Palms (Elim) and Thorny (Sinai), on the fifteenth day of the second month after their departing out of the land of Double Straights (Egypt).
2 Then the whole congregation of the children of God Prevails (Israel) murmured against Drawn (Moses) and Light Bringer (Aaron) in the wilderness.
3 And the children of God Prevails (Israel) said to them, “Would to God we had died by the hand of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) in the land of Double Straights (Egypt), when we sat by the flesh pots, and when we ate bread to the full; for you have brought us out into this wilderness, to kill this whole assembly with hunger.”
4 I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) said to Drawn (Moses), “I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people will go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or not.
5 On the sixth day they will prepare that which they bring in; and it will be twice as much as they gather daily.”
6 So Drawn (Moses) and Light Bringer (Aaron) said to all the children of God Prevails (Israel), “At evening, you will know that I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) has brought you out from the land of Double Straights (Egypt).
7 And in the morning, you will see the glory of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah). He hears your murmurings against I AM (the LORD, Yehovah): and what are we, that you murmur against us?”
8 Drawn (Moses) continued”, This will be. I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) will give you flesh to eat in the evening, and in the morning bread to the full. I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) hears your murmurings which you murmur against Him: and what are we? your murmurings are not against us, but against I AM (the LORD, Yehovah).”
9 Then Drawn (Moses) spoke to Light Bringer (Aaron), “Say to all the congregation of the children of God Prevails (Israel), Come near before I AM (the LORD, Yehovah): for He has heard your murmurings.”
10 Then, as Light Bringer (Aaron) spoke to the whole congregation of the children of God Prevails (Israel), they looked toward the wilderness, and, behold, the glory of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) appeared in the cloud.
11 And I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) spoke to Drawn (Moses), saying,
12 “I have heard the murmurings of the children of God Prevails (Israel): speak to them, saying, “At evening you will eat flesh, and in the morning you will be filled with bread; and you will know that I am I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) your God.”
13 At evening the quails came up, and covered the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the host.
14 And when the dew that lay was gone up, all over the ground of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the white frost on the ground.
15 When the children of God Prevails (Israel) saw it, they said one to another, “What is it? (manna)”: for they did not know what it was. Drawn (Moses) said to them, “This is the bread which I AM (the LORD,Yehovah) has given you to eat.”
16 This is the thing which I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) has commanded, “Let every man gather a supply, an omer for every man, according to the number of your people household, take this for each person.”
17 And the children of God Prevails (Israel) did so, and gathered, some more, some less.
18 And when they measured it with an omer, he that gathered much had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man for his food.
19 And Drawn (Moses) said, “Let no one leave of it till the morning.”
20 But they didn't listen to Drawn (Moses) and some of them left of it until morning. It bred worms, and stank and Drawn (Moses) was angry with them.
21 So they gathered it every morning, every man according to his needs: and when the sun became hot, it melted.
22 On the sixth day they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for one man: and all the rulers of the congregation came and told Drawn (Moses).
23 He said to them, “This is what I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) said. Tomorrow is the rest of the holy sabbath to I AM (the LORD, Yehovah): bake that which you will bake, and boil what you will boil; and that which remains over lay up to be kept until the morning.”
24 And they laid it up till the morning, as Drawn (Moses) directed: and it did not stink, neither was there any worm therein.
25 And Drawn (Moses) said, “Eat that today; for today is a sabbath to I AM (the LORD, Yehovah). Today you will not find it in the field.
26 Six days you will gather it; but on the seventh day, which is the sabbath, in it there will be none.”
27 Yet some of the people went out on the seventh day to gather, and they found none.
28 I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) said through Drawn (Moses), “How long will you refuse to keep my commandments and my laws?
29 See, I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) has given you the sabbath, therefore He gives you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide you every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.”
30 So the people rested on the seventh day.
31 And the house of God Prevails (Israel) called the name thereof What? (Manna). It was like coriander seed, white; and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey.
32 Then Drawn (Moses) said, “This is what I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) commands, Fill an omer of it to be kept for your generations; that they may see the bread which I have fed you in the wilderness, when I brought you forth from the land of Double Straights (Egypt).”
33 Then Drawn (Moses) said to Light Bringer (Aaron), “Take a pot, and put an omer full of manna therein, and lay it up before I AM (the LORD, Yehovah), to be kept for your generations.”
34 As I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) commanded Drawn (Moses), so Light Bringer (Aaron) laid it up before the Testimony, to be kept.
35 And the children of God Prevails (Israel) ate What? (manna) forty years, until they came to a land inhabited. They ate What? (manna), until they came to the borders of the land of Humbled One (Canaan).
36 Now an omer is the tenth part of an ephah.

* An omer is about 2 liters


No comments:

Post a Comment