Friday, March 1, 2013

Exodus 13


1 Then (the LORD, Yehovah) spoke to Drawn (Moses), saying,
2 “Sanctify to me all the firstborn, whatsoever opens the womb among the children of God Prevails (Israel) , both of man and of beast: it is Mine.”
3 So Drawn (Moses) said to the people, “Remember this day, in which you came out from Double Straights (Egypt), out of the house of bondage. For by strength of hand I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) brought you out from this place. Therefore there will no leavened bread be eaten.
4 This day you came out in the month Abib.
5 And it will be when I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) will bring you into the land of the Humbled Ones (Canaanites), and the Terrors (Hittite), and the The Talkers, Sayers (Amorite), and the Villagers (Gibeonites were Hivites), and the Trodden Underfoot (Jebusite - original inhabitants of Jerusalem), which He swore to your fathers to give you, a land flowing with milk and honey, that you will keep this service in this month.
6 Seven days you will eat unleavened bread, and the seventh day will be a feast to I AM (the LORD, Yehovah).
7 Unleavened bread will be eaten seven days. There will be no leavened bread seen with you, neither will there be leaven seen with you in all your quarters.
8 You will show your son in that day, saying, This is done because of that which I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) did to me when I came out of Double Straights (Egypt).
9 It will be for a sign to you upon your hand, and for a memorial between your eyes, that I AM's (the LORD, Yehovah) law may be in your mouth. For with a strong hand I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) has brought you out of Double Straights (Egypt).
10 You will therefore keep this ordinance in His season from year to year.
11 It will be when I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) will bring you into the land of the Humbled Ones (Canaanites), as He swore to you and to your fathers, and will give it you,
12 That you will set apart to I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) all that opens the womb, and every firstling that comes of a beast which you have; the males will be I AM's (the LORD, Yehovah).
13 And every firstling of an ass you will redeem with a lamb; and if you will not redeem it, then you will break his neck: and all the firstborn of man among your children will you redeem.
14 It will be when your son asks you in time to come, saying, What is this? that you will say to him, By strength of His hand I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) brought us out from Double Straights (Egypt), from the house of bondage.
15 When the Great House (Pharaoh) would not let us go, I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) slew all the firstborn in the land of Double Straights (Egypt), both the firstborn of man, and the firstborn of beast. Therefore I sacrifice to I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) all males that open the womb, but all the firstborn of my children I redeem.
16 It will be for a token upon your hand, and for frontlets between your eyes: for by strength of hand I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) brought us forth out of Double Straights (Egypt).”
17 When the Great House (Pharaoh) had let the people go, that God did not lead them through the way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, “Lest the people repent when they see war, and they return to Double Straights (Egypt).”
18 But God led the people about, through the way of the wilderness of the Red sea: and the children of God Prevails (Israel) went up in batttle array out of the land of Double Straights (Egypt).
19 And Drawn (Moses) took the bones of Yehovah Will Add (Joseph) with him: for he had strictly sworn the children of God Prevails (Israel) saying, “God will surely visit you; and you will carry up my bones away from here with you.”
20 They journeyed from Booths (Succoth), and encamped in Plowshare Fortess (Etham), at the edge of the wilderness.
21 I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:
22 He the pillar of the cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night, were before the people always.


No comments:

Post a Comment