Monday, April 5, 2021

Numbers 11

 

Numbers 11

 

1 When the people complained, it displeased I AM (the LORD, Yehovah). When I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) heard it, His anger was kindled; and the fire of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp.

 

2 The people cried to Drawn (Moses), and when Drawn (Moses) prayed to I AM (the LORD, Yehovah), the fire was quenched.

 

3 So he called the name of the place Burning (Taberah): because the fire of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) burnt among them.

 

4 The mixed multitude that was among them fell a lusting: and the children of God Prevails (Israel) also wept again, and said: Who shall give us flesh to eat?

 

5 We remember the fish, which we ate in Double Straights (Egypt) freely; the cucumbers, the melons, the leeks, the onions, and the garlic:

 

6 But now our soul has dried away: there is nothing at all, beside this manna, before our eyes.

 

7 Now the manna was as coriander seed and the color thereof as the color of bdellium (probably a transparent gold).

 

8 The people went about and gathered it, and ground it in mills, or beat it in a mortar, and baked it in pans, and made cakes of it: and the taste of it was as the taste of fresh oil.

 

9 When the dew fell on the camp in the night, the manna fell on it.

 

10 Then Drawn (Moses) heard the people weep throughout their families, every man in the door of his tent: and the anger of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) was kindled greatly; Drawn (Moses) was also displeased.

 

11 Drawn (Moses) said to I AM (the LORD, Yehovah), Why have You afflicted your servant? and why have I not found favor in Your sight, that You have lain the burden of all these people on me?

 

12 Have I conceived all these people? Have I begotten them, that You should say to me: Carry them in your bosom, as a nursing father bears the sucking child, to the land which You swore to their fathers?

 

13 Where am I supposed to get flesh to give to all these people? They weep to me, saying: Give us flesh, that we may eat.

 

14 I am not able to bear all these people alone, because it is too heavy for me.

 

15 If You deal this way with me, kill me, I pray You, out of hand, if I have found favor in Your sight, and let me not see my wretchedness.

 

16 I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) said to Drawn (Moses), Gather to Me seventy men of the elders of God Prevails (Israel), whom you know to be the elders of the people, and officers over them; and bring them to the tabernacle of the congregation, that they may stand there with you.

 

17 I will come down and talk with you there: and I will take of the Spirit which is on you, and will put it on them, and they shall bear the burden of the people with you, so you don’t have to bear them alone.

 

18 Say to the people: Sanctify yourselves against tomorrow. You shall eat flesh: for you have wept in the ears of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah), saying: Who shall give us flesh to eat? for it was well with us in Double Straights (Egypt): therefore, I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) will give you flesh, and you shall eat.

 

19 You shall not eat one day, nor two days, nor five days, neither ten days, nor twenty days;

 

20 But for a whole month, until it comes out at your nostrils, and it is loathsome to you: because you have despised I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) Who is among you, and have wept before Him, saying: Why did we leave Double Straights (Egypt)?

 

21 Then Drawn (Moses) said: The people, among whom I am, are six hundred thousand footmen. You have said: I will give them flesh, that they may eat a whole month.

 

22 Shall the flocks and the herds be slain for them, to suffice them? or shall all the fish of the sea be gathered together for them, to suffice them?

 

23 I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) said to Drawn (Moses): Is I AM'S (the LORD, Yehovah) hand short? You shall see now whether My word shall come to pass to you or not.

 

24 Drawn (Moses) went out, and told the people the words of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah), and gathered the seventy men of the elders of the people, and set them round about the tabernacle.

 

25 Then I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) came down in a cloud, and spoke to him, and took of the Spirit that was on him, and gave it to the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that, when the Spirit rested on them, they prophesied and did not cease.

 

26 But there remained two of the men in the camp, the name of the one was God Has Loved (Eldad), and the name of the other Love (Medad): and the Spirit rested on them; and they were of them that were written, but did not go out to the tabernacle: yet they prophesied in the camp.

 

27 There ran a young man and told Drawn (Moses), saying, God Has Loved (Eldad) and Love (Medad) are prophesying in the camp.

 

28 I AM is Salvation (Joshua) the son of Posterity (Nun), the servant of Drawn (Moses), one of his young men answered and said: My lord Drawn (Moses), forbid them!

 

29 But Drawn (Moses) said to him: Do you envy for my sake? I would love for God to make all I AM'S (the LORD, Yehovah) people prophets, and that I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) would put His Spirit on them!

 

30 Then Drawn (Moses) returned to the camp, he and the elders of God Prevails (Israel).

 

31 There went forth a wind from I AM (the LORD, Yehovah), and brought quails from the sea, and let them fall by the camp, as it were a day's journey on this side, and as it were a day's journey on the other side, round about the camp, and as it were two cubits high on the face of the earth.

 

32 The people stood up all that day, and all that night, and all the next day. They gathered the quails: he that gathered least gathered ten homers: and they spread them all abroad for themselves round about the camp.

 

33 And while the flesh was yet between their teeth, as it was chewed, the wrath of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) was kindled against the people, and I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) smote the people with a very great plague.

 

34 And he called the name of that place Graves of Lust (Kibrothhattaavah): because there they buried the people that lusted.

 

35 Then the people journeyed from Graves of Lust (Kibrothhattaavah) to Settlement (Hazeroth); and stayed abode at Settlement (Hazeroth).

No comments:

Post a Comment