Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Numbers 14

 

Numbers 14

 

1 All the congregation lifted up their voice and cried, and the people wept that night.

 

2 Then all the children of God Prevails (Israel) murmured against Drawn (Moses) and against Light Bringer (Aaron): and the whole congregation said to them: Would God that we had died in the land of Double Straights (Egypt)! or would God we had died in this wilderness!

 

3 Why has I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) brought us to this land, to fall by the sword, that our wives and our children should be a prey? Is it not better for us to return to Double Straights (Egypt)?

 

4 They said one to another: Let us make a captain, and let us return to Double Straights (Egypt).

 

5 Then Drawn (Moses) and Light Bringer (Aaron) fell on their faces before all the assembly of the congregation of the children of God Prevails (Israel).

 

6 And Jehovah is Salvation (Joshua) the son of Posterity (Nun), and Dog (Caleb) the son of He Will Face (Jephunneh), which were of them that searched the land, rent their clothes:

 

7 They spoke to all the company of the children of God Prevails (Israel), saying: The land, which we passed through to search it, is an exceedingly good land.

 

8 If I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) delights in us, then He will bring us into this land, and give it to us; a land which flows with milk and honey.

 

9 Do not rebel against I AM (the LORD, Yehovah), neither fear the people of the land; for they are bread for us: their defense has departed from them, and I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) is with us: fear them not.

 

10 But all the congregation called to stone them with stones. Then the glory of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) appeared in the tabernacle of the congregation before all the children of God Prevails (Israel).

 

11 I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) said to Drawn (Moses), How long will these people provoke Me? How long will it be until they believe Me, with all the signs which I have shown among them?

 

12 I will smite them with pestilence, and disinherit them, and will make you a greater nation and mightier than they.

 

13 But Drawn (Moses) said to I AM (the LORD, Yehovah): Then the Double Straighters (Egyptians) shall hear it, (for You brought these people up in Your might from among them;)

 

14 They will tell this to the inhabitants of this land: for they have heard that You, I AM (the LORD, Yehovah), are among this people, that You, I AM (the LORD, Yehovah), are seen face to face, and that Your cloud stands over them, and that You go before them, by day time in a pillar of a cloud, and in a pillar of fire by night.

 

15 Now if You kill all these people as one man, then the nations which have heard the fame of You will speak, saying:

 

16 It is because I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) was not able to bring these people into the land which He swore to them, therefore He has slain them in the wilderness.

 

17 Now, I beseech You, let the power of my Lord (Adonay) be great, according to what You have spoken, saying:

 

18 I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation.

 

19 Pardon, I beseech you, the iniquity of this people according to the greatness of your mercy, and as You have forgiven these people, from Double Straights (Egypt) even until now.

 

20 I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) replied: I have pardoned according to your word.

 

21 But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah).

 

22 Because all those men which have seen My glory, and My miracles, which I did in Double Straights (Egypt) and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;

 

23 Surely, they shall not see the land which I swore to their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked Me see it:

 

24 But my servant Dog (Caleb), because he had another spirit with him, and has followed Me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.

 

25 (Now the Lickers (Amalekites) and the Humbled Ones (Canaanites) dwelt in the valley.) Tomorrow turn yourselves and go into the wilderness by the way of the Red sea.

 

26 I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) spoke to Drawn (Moses) and to Light Bringer (Aaron), saying,

 

27 How long shall I bear with this evil congregation, which murmur against me? I have heard the murmurings of the children of God Prevails (Israel), which they murmur against Me.

 

28 Say to them: As truly as I live, saith I AM (the LORD, Yehovah), as you have spoken in My ears, so will I do to you:

 

29 Your carcasses shall fall in this wilderness, and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward which have murmured against Me.

 

30 Doubtless, you shall not come into the land, concerning which I swore to make you dwell therein, save Dog (Caleb) the son of He Will Face (Jephunneh), and Jehovah is Salvation (Joshua) the son of Posterity (Nun).

 

31 But your little ones, which you said should be a prey, I will bring them in, and they shall know the land which you have despised.

 

32 But as for you, your carcasses, they shall fall in this wilderness.

 

33 Your children shall wander in the wilderness forty years, and bear your whoredoms, until your carcasses are wasted in the wilderness.

 

34 After the number of the days in which you searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, you shall bear your iniquities, for forty years, and you shall know My breach of promise.

 

35 I, I AM (the LORD, Yehovah), have said, I will surely do it to all this evil congregation, that are gathered together against Me: in this wilderness, they shall be consumed, and there they shall die.

 

36 Then the men, which Drawn (Moses) sent to search the land, who returned, and made all the congregation murmur against him, by bringing up a slander upon the land,

 

37 Those very men that brought up the evil report upon the land, died by the plague before I AM (the LORD, Yehovah).

 

38 But Jehovah is Salvation (Joshua) the son of Posterity (Nun), and Dog (Caleb) the son of He Will Face (Jephunneh), which were of the men that went to search the land lived still.

 

39 Drawn (Moses) told these sayings to all the children of God Prevails (Israel): and the people mourned greatly.

 

40 They rose up early in the morning, and went up to the top of the mountain, saying: Lo, we are here and will go up to the place which I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) has promised: for we have sinned.

 

41 And Drawn (Moses) said: Why now do you transgress the commandment of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah)? but it shall not prosper.

 

42 Do not go up, for I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) is not among you; that you will be vanquished by your enemies.

 

43 For the Lickers (Amalekites) and the Humbled Ones (Canaanites) are there before you, and you shall fall by the sword: because you turned away from I AM (the LORD, Yehovah), therefore I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) will not be with you.

 

44 But they presumed to go up to the hilltop: Nevertheless, the ark of the covenant of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah), and Drawn (Moses), departed not out of the camp.

 

45 Then the Lickers (Amalekites) came down, and the Humbled Ones (Canaanites) which dwelt in that hill, and smote them, and discomfited them, all the way to Devotion (Hormah).

No comments:

Post a Comment