Wednesday, November 17, 2021

These Are the Words (Deuteronomy) 3

 1 Then we turned and went up the way to Fruitful (Bashan). Long-Necked (Og) the king of Fruitful (Bashan) came out against us, he and all his people, to battle at Goodly Pasture (Edrei).

 

2 I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) said to me: Fear him not: for I will deliver him, and all his people, and his land, into your hand; and you shall do to him as you did to Warrior (Sihon) king of The Talkers, Sayers (Amorites), which dwelt at Stronghold (Heshbon).

 

3 So I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) our God ('Elohiym) delivered into our hands Long-Necked (Og) also, the king of Fruitful (Bashan), and all his people: and we smote him until no one was left of him.

 

4 We took all his cities at that time, there was not a city which we didn’t take from them, thirty cities, all the region of Heap of Clods (Argob), the kingdom of Long-Necked (Og) in Fruitful (Bashan).

 

5 All these cities were fenced with high walls, gates, and bars; in addition to those, unwalled towns a great many.

 

6 We utterly destroyed them, as we did to Warrior (Sihon) king of Stronghold (Heshbon), utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city.

 

7 But all the cattle, and the spoil of the cities, we took for a prey to ourselves.

 

8 At that time, we took out of the hand of the two kings of The Talkers, Sayers (Amorites) the land that was on this side of the Descender (Jordan), from the river of Rushing Stream (Arnon) to Mount Sanctuary (Hermon);

 

9 (Which Sanctuary (Hermon) the Hunters/Fishers call Breastplate (Sirion); and The Talkers, Sayers (Amorites) call it Snow Mountain (Shenir);)

 

10 All the cities of the plain, and all Rocky Region (Gilead), and all Fruitful (Bashan), to Migration (Salchah) and Goodly Pasture (Edrei), cities of the kingdom of Long-Necked (Og) in Fruitful (Bashan).

 

11 For only Long-Necked (Og) king of Fruitful (Bashan) remained of the remnant of giants; behold his bedstead was a bedstead of iron; is it not in Great (Rabbath) of the children of Tribal (Ammon)? nine cubits was the length thereof, and four cubits the breadth of it, after the cubit of a man.

 

12 This land, which we possessed at that time, from Ruins (Aroer), which is by the river Rushing Stream (Arnon), and half mount Rocky Region (Gilead), and the cities thereof, I gave to the Behold a Sons (Reubenites) and to the Troops (Gadites).

 

13 The rest of Rocky Region (Gilead), and all Fruitful (Bashan), being the kingdom of Long-Necked (Og), I gave to the half-tribe of Causing to Forget (Manasseh); all the region of Heap of Clods (Argob), with all of Fruitful (Bashan), which was called the land of giants.

 

14 He Enlightens (Jair), the son of Causing to Forget (Manasseh), took all the country of Heap of Clods (Argob) to the coasts of From the Bridge (Geshuri) and Pressure (Maachasi); and called them after his own name Villages of He Enlightens (Havothjair) to this day.

 

15 And I gave Rocky Region (Gilead) to Sold (Machir).

 

16 T the Behold a Sons (Reubenites) and to the Troops (Gad) I gave from Rocky Region (Gilead) from the river Rushing Stream (Arnon) half the valley, and the border to the river Emptying (Jabbok), which is the border of the children of Tribal (Ammon);

 

17 The plain also, and the Descender (Jordan), and the coast thereof, from Harps (Chinnereth) even to the sea of the plain, even the salt sea, under Springs Pouring Out of the Mountain (Ashdothpisgah) eastward.

 

18 I commanded you at that time, saying, I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) your God ('Elohiym) has given you this land to possess it: you shall pass over armed before your brethren the children of God Prevails (Israel), all that are able for the war.

 

19 But your wives, and your little ones, and your cattle, (for I know that you have much cattle,) shall stay in your cities which I have given you;

 

20 Until I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) has given rest to your brethren, as well as to you, and until they also possess the land which I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) your God ('Elohiym) has given them beyond the Descender (Jordan). Then you shall return every man to his possession, which I have given you.

 

21 I commanded Jehovah is Salvation (Joshua) at that time, saying: Your eyes have seen all that I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) your God ('Elohiym) has done to these two kings: so shall I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) do to all the kingdoms wherever you go.

 

22 You shall not fear them: for I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) your God ('Elohiym), He shall fight for you.

 

23 I sought I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) at that time, saying:

 

24 O Lord (Adonay) I AM (the LORD, Yehovah), You have begun to show Your servant Your greatness, and Your mighty hand: for what god ('elohiym) is there in heaven or in earth, that can do according to Your works, and according to Your might?

 

25 Please, let me go over and see the good land that is beyond the Descender (Jordan), that goodly mountain, and Whiteness (Lebanon).

 

26 But I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) was angry with me for your sakes, and would not hear me: and I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) said to me: Let it be; speak no more to me of this matter.

 

27 Get up into the top of Cleft (Pisgah), and lift up your eyes westward, and northward, and southward, and eastward, and behold it with your eyes: for you shall not go over the Descender (Jordan).

 

28 But charge Jehovah is Salvation (Joshua), and encourage him, and strengthen him: for he shall go over before this people, and he shall cause them to inherit the land which you shall see.

 

29 So we stayed in the valley over against House of Cleft (Bethpeor).

No comments:

Post a Comment