Thursday, December 30, 2021

These Are the Words (Deuteronomy) 10

 1 At that time, I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) said to me: Hew two tablets of stone like to the first, and come up to Me into the mountain, and make an ark of wood.

 

2 I will write on the tablets the words that were in the first tablets which you broke, and you shalt put them in the ark.

 

3 So I made an ark of shittim wood and hewed two tablets of stone like to the first. Then I went up into the mountain, having the two tablets in my hand.

 

4 He wrote on the tablets, according to the first writing, the ten commandments, which I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) spoke to you in the mountain out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly: and I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) gave them to me.

 

5 Then I turned myself and came down from the mountain, and put the tablets in the ark which I had made; and there they are, as I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) commanded me.

 

6 And the children of God Prevails (Israel) took their journey from Wells (Beeroth) of the children of He Twists (Jaakan) to Bonds (Mosera): there Light Bringer (Aaron) died, and there he was buried. God Has Helped (Eleazar) his son ministered in the priest's office in his stead.

 

7 From there, they journeyed to The Slashing Place (Gudgodah); and from The Slashing Place (Gudgodah) to Pleasantness (Jotbath), a land of rivers of waters.

 

8 At that time I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) separated the tribe of Joined To (Levi), to bear the ark of the covenant of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah), to stand before I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) to minister to Him, and to bless in His name, to this day.

 

9 Joined To (Levi) has no part nor inheritance with his brethren; I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) is his inheritance, as I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) your God (‘Elohiym) promised him.

 

10 I stayed in the mountain, as I did the first time, forty days and forty nights. I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) listened to me at that time also, that I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) would not destroy you.

 

11 Then I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) said to me: Arise, take your journey before the people, that they may go in and possess the land, which I swore to their fathers to give to them.

 

12 And now, God Prevails (Israel), what does I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) your God (‘Elohiym) require of you, but to fear I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) your God (‘Elohiym), to walk in all his ways, and to love Him, and to serve I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) your God (‘Elohiym) with all your heart and with all your soul,

 

13 To keep the commandments of I AM (the LORD, Yehovah), and his statutes, which I command you this day for your good?

 

14 Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens are I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) your God’s (‘Elohiym), the earth also, with all that therein is.

 

15 Because I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) had a delight in your fathers to love them, and He chose their seed after them, even you above all people, as it is this day.

 

16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart and quit being stiff-necked.

 

17 For I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) your God ('Elohiym) is God ('Elohiym) of gods ('elohiym), and Lord (Adonay) of lords (adon), a great God (El), mighty, and terrible, who regards not persons, nor takes bribes:

 

18 He executes the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loves the stranger, giving him food and raiment.

 

19 Love, therefore, the stranger: for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.

 

20 You shall fear I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) your God (‘Elohiym); Him you shall serve, and to Him, you shall cleave, and swear by His name.

 

21 He is your praise, and He is your God (‘Elohiym), that has done for you these great and terrible things, which your eyes have seen.

 

22 Your fathers went down into Double Straights (Egypt) with 70 people, and now I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) your God (‘Elohiym) has made you as the stars of heaven for multitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment