Friday, September 9, 2022

I AM is Salvation (Joshua) 2

 1 Then I AM is Salvation (Joshua) the son of Posterity (Nun) sent out from The Acacias (Shittim) two men to spy secretly, saying: Go view the land, in and around Its Moon (Jericho). So, they went into a harlot's house, named Wide (Rahab), and lodged there.

2 The king of Its Moon (Jericho) was told: Men of the children of God Prevails (Israel) have come tonight to search out the country.

3 So the king of Its Moon (Jericho) sent to Wide (Rahab), saying: Bring forth the men that have come to you, who entered your house: for they have come to search out all the country.

4 But the woman took the two men, and hid them, and said this: Men came to me, but I do not know where they are:

5 About the time of shutting of the gate, when it was dark, the men went out: where the men went, I don’t know: pursue after them quickly; you will overtake them. 

6 But she had brought them up to the roof of the house and hid them with the stalks of flax, which she had laid in order on the roof.

7 So the men pursued after them the way to The Descender (Jordan) to the fords: and as soon as they who pursued after them went out, they shut the gate.

8 Before they were laid down, she came up to them on the roof;

9 She said to the men: I know that I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) has given you the land and that your terror is fallen on us. All the inhabitants of the land faint because of you. 

10 We have heard how I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) dried up the water of the Red Sea for you when you came out of Double Straights (Egypt); and what you did to the two kings of The Talkers, Sayers (Amorite), that were on the other side The Descender (Jordan), Warrior (Sihon) and Long-Necked (Og), whom you utterly destroyed.

11 As soon as we had heard these things, our hearts melted, neither was there remain any more courage in any man, because of you: for I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) your God, he is God in heaven above, and in the earth beneath.

12 Now, therefore, I pray you, swear to me by I AM (the LORD, Yehovah), since I have showed you kindness, that you will also show kindness to my father's house, and give me a true token:

13 That you will save alive my father, and my mother, and my brothers, and my sisters, and all that they have, and deliver our lives from death.

14 The men answered her: Our life for yours if you keep quiet about our business. When I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) has given us the land, we will deal kindly and truly with you.

15 Then she let them down by a cord through the window: for her house was on the town wall, and she dwelt on the wall.

16 She said to them: Go to the mountain, lest the pursuers meet you; and hide yourselves there three days until the pursuers return: and afterward you may go your way.

17 The men said to her: We will be blameless of this your oath which you have made us swear.

18 When we come into the land, bind this line of scarlet thread in the window which you let us down by. Bring your father, and your mother, and your brothers, and all your father's household, home to you.

19 Whoever goes out of the doors of your house into the street, his blood shall be on his head, and we will be guiltless: and whoever is with you in the house, his blood shall be on our head, if any hand is laid on him.

20 If you speak about our business, then we will not be accountable to the oath which you have made us swear.

21 She agreed: According to your words, so be it. Then she sent them away, and they departed: and she bound the scarlet line in the window 

22 So they went, and came to the mountain, and stayed there three days until the pursuers were returned: and the pursuers sought them throughout all the way, but did not find them.

23 So the two men returned, and descended from the mountain, and passed over, and came to Joshua the son of Nun, and told him all things that befell them:

24 And they said to Joshua, Truly I AM (the LORD, Yehovah) has delivered into our hands all the land; for all the inhabitants of the country faint because of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment