Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Beginning (Genesis) 16

 1Now Princess (Sarai) Exalted Father's (Abram) wife bore him no children: and she had an handmaid, a Double Straighter (Egyptian), whose name was Flight (Hagar).
 2Princess (Sarai) said to Exalted Father (Abram), It looks like, I AM (the LORD - Yehovah) has restrained me from bearing. Please, go in to my maid; it may be that I am to obtain children by her. And Exalted Father (Abram) listened to the voice of Princess (Sarai) .
 3So, Princess (Sarai) Exalted Father's (Abram) wife took Flight (Hagar) her maid the Double Straighter (Egyptian), after Exalted Father (Abram) had lived ten years in the land of the Humbled Ones (Canaan), and gave her to her husband Exalted Father (Abram) to be his wife.
 4And he went in to Flight (Hagar), and she conceived: and when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress was despised in her eyes.
 5And Princess (Sarai) said to Exalted Father (Abram), My wrong be on you: I have given my maid to be your concubine; and when she saw that she had conceived, I was despised in her eyes. May I AM (the LORD - Yehovah) judge between you and me.
 6But Exalted Father (Abram) said to Princess (Sarai) , Look, your maid is in your hands; do to her as you please. And when Princess (Sarai) dealt harshly with her, she fled from her face.
 7And the angel of I AM (the LORD - Yehovah) found her by a fountain of water in the wilderness, by well on the way to Wall (Shur).
 8And he said, Flight (Hagar), Princess's (Sarai) maid, where did you come from? and where will you go? And she said, I am fleeing from the face of my mistress Princess (Sarai) .
 9And the angel of I AM (the LORD - Yehovah) said to her, Return to your mistress, and submit yourself under her hands.
 10And the angel of I AM (the LORD - Yehovah) said to her, I will multiply your seed exceedingly, they shall not be numbered for multitude.
 11And the angel of I AM (the LORD - Yehovah) said unto her, Behold, you are with child and will bear a son, and shall call his name God Will Hear (Ishmael); because I AM (the LORD - Yehovah) has heard your cry.
 12He will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he will dwell in the presence of his brethren.
 13And she called I AM (the LORD - Yehovah) who spoke to her, You are the God Who Sees Me: for she said, This is where I understood that He sees me.
 14Therefore the well was called The Well of the Living One Who Sees Me (Beerlahairoi); between Holy (Kadesh) and Hail (Bered).
 15And Flight (Hagar) bore Exalted Father (Abram) a son: and Exalted Father (Abram) called his son's name, which Hail (Bered) bore, God Will Hear (Ishmael).
 16And Exalted Father (Abram) was eighty-six years old, when Flight (Hagar) bare Ishmael to Exalted Father (Abram).

No comments:

Post a Comment