Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Beginning (Genesis) 15

1After these things the word of I AM (the LORD - Yehovah) came to Exalted Father (Abram) in a vision, saying, Fear not, Exalted Father (Abram): I am your shield, and your exceeding great reward.
 2Exalted Father (Abram) said, Lord I AM (Yehovah), what will You give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this God is Help (Eliezer) of Silent is the Sack Cloth Weaver (Damascus)?
 3Exalted Father (Abram) said, After all, you haven't even given me a child! My only heir is a servant.
 4And, behold, the word of I AM (the LORD - Yehovah) came to him, saying, This shall not be your heir; but he that shall come forth out of your own bowels shall be your heir.
 5He brought Exalted Father (Abram) outside, and said, Look now toward heaven, and count the stars, if you are able to number them! So shall your seed be.
 6And he believed in I AM (the LORD - Yehovah); and He counted it to him for righteousness.
 7And He said to him, I AM (Yehovah) the LORD, that brought you out of Flame of the Clod Breakers (Ur of the Chaldees), to give you this land to inherit it.
 8 Then he said, Lord I AM (Yehovah), How can I know that I will inherit it?
 9He said to him, Get Me a three year old heifer, and a three year old she goat, and a three year old ram, and a turtledove, and a young pigeon.
 10Exalted Father (Abram) took all these to Him, and divided them in the middle, and laid each piece one against another: but the birds he did not divide.
 11And when the fowls came down upon the carcases, Exalted Father (Abram)drove them away.
 12And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell on Exalted Father (Abram); and suddenly everything became horribly, horribly dark and terrifying.
 13 God said to Exalted Father (Abram), Know of a surety that your seed will be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they will be afflicted. They will be in that land four hundred years;
 14That nation, whom they will serve, I will judge: and afterward will they come out with great wealth.
15 But you will live in peace and die at a good old age.
 16In the fourth generation they will come back here: for the iniquity of the Sayers (Amorites) is not yet full.
 17And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.
 18In the same day I AM (the LORD - Yehovah) made a covenant with Exalted Father (Abram), saying, To your seed have I given this land, from the river of Double Straights (Egypt) to the great river, the river Fruitfulness (Euphrates):
 19The land of the Smiths (Kenites), and the Hunters (Kenizzites), and the Easterners (Kadmonites),
 20And the Terrors (Hittites), and the Villager Dwellers (Perizzites), and the Giants (Rephaims),
 21And the Sayers (Amorites), and the Humbled Ones (Canaanites), and the Dwellers on Clayey Soil (Girgashites), and the Trodden Underfoot (Jebusites).

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete