Monday, January 24, 2011

The Beginning (Genesis) 20

  1Father of a Multitude (Abraham) journeyed from there toward the south country, and dwelt between Holy (Kadesh) and Wall (Shur), settling in Lodging Place (Gerar).
 2Father of a Multitude (Abraham) said of Noble Woman (Sarah) his wife, “She is my sister” So My Father is King (Abimelech) king of Lodging Place (Gerar) sent, and took Noble Woman (Sarah).
 3But God (Elohiym) came to My Father is King (Abimelech) in a dream by night, and said to him, “You are a dead man, for the woman which you have taken is a man's wife.”
 4But My Father is King (Abimelech) had not come near her: and he said, “LORD (Adonay), will You slay a righteous nation?
 5Didn't he say to me, 'She is my sister'? and didn't she say, 'He is my brother': in the integrity of my heart and innocence of my hands I have done this.
 6And God (Elohiym) said to him in the dream, “Yes, I know that you did this in the integrity of your heart; for I also withheld you from sinning against Me: therefore I did not permit you to touch her.
 7Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he will pray for you, and you will live: but if you do not restore her, know that you shall surely die, you, and all that are yours.”
 8Therefore My Father is King (Abimelech) rose early in the morning, and called all his servants, and told all these things to them: and the men were afraid.
 9Then My Father is King (Abimelech) called Father of a Multitude (Abraham), and said to him, “What have you done to us? and what did I do to you, that you have brought on me and on my kingdom a great sin? You have done deeds to me that ought not to be done.”
 10My Father is King (Abimelech) said unto Father of a Multitude (Abraham), “Why would you even think of doing such a thing?”
 11Father of a Multitude (Abraham) said, “Because I thought, Surely the fear of God (Elohiym) is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife's sake.
 12She is indeed my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.
 13When God (Elohiym) caused me to wander from my father's house, I said to her, This is a kindness I would like you to show me; at every place where we shall come, say of me, He is my brother.”
 14My Father is King (Abimelech) took sheep, and oxen, and men servants, and women servants, and gave them to Father of a Multitude (Abraham), and restored Noble Woman (Sarah) his wife to him.
 15My Father is King (Abimelech) said, “Behold, my land is before you: dwell where it pleases you.”
 16And to Noble Woman (Sarah) he said, “I have given your brother a thousand pieces of silver. This is to repay him for any problems I may have caused him by taking you.”
 17So Father of a Multitude (Abraham) prayed to God (Elohiym): and God (Elohiym) healed My Father is King (Abimelech), and his wife, and his maidservants; and they bore children.
 18For I AM (The LORD Yehovah) had closed up all the wombs of the house of My Father is King (Abimelech), because of Noble Woman (Sarah) Father of a Multitude (Abraham)'s wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment